Why Use Collaborative Learning?
Research shows that educational experiences that are active, social, contextual, engaging, and student-owned lead to deeper learning.
The benefits of collaborative learning include:
- Development of higher-level thinking, oral communication, self-management, and leadership skills.
- Promotion of student-faculty interaction.
- Increase in student retention, self-esteem, and responsibility.
- Exposure to and an increase in understanding of diverse perspectives.
- Preparation for real life social situations.